Great riders aren’t born, They’re made.
Learn to ride - or ride better - the H-D way
You’ve likely dreamt of this moment for a long time. The instant when you slip one leg over the side of a gleaming chrome bike, the exhaust rumbling in the way only a motorcycle can. You tighten your helmet strap, adjust your sunglasses, and twist the throttle. Your bike comes to life! You take off, not caring where you’re headed but just happy to be on the road once more.
Here at Harley-Davidson Las Vegas, we understand the draw of riding.
That’s why Harley-Davidson established the riding academy – to help aspiring riders learn to ride motorcycles in Las Vegas. But we take that a step further – we teach you to ride a Harley in Las Vegas. And as any biker knows, Harleys possess a unique, gritty, pure-blooded-American spirit that no other bike on the market captures.
If you’re looking for a motorcycle class in Las Vegas, you’ve come to the right place. Whether you’re brand new and need instruction from the stirrups up, or you’re an experienced rider who wants to take your skills to another level entirely, we have classes available for you.
New riders will take the New Rider Course
, while those looking to build on their existing biking skill set will take the Skilled Rider Course
. These are Harley-Davidson endorsed riding classes, straight from the Harley Academy handbook. This level of instruction, and expertise from endorsed teachers, is only available at authorized Harley-Davidson dealerships.
New rider course
What to expect
You’ve decided to chase the thrill and adventure that only come from riding. Better yet, you know Harley offers the best possible biking experience out there, and you’re ready to learn to ride.
When you take the New Rider Course from our Riding Academy, you’ll get the following:
FIND A CLASS
- You’ll learn how to ride on a Harley-Davidson. Your friends on Facebook are going to be very jealous.
- You’ll receive in-class and on-range instruction from the Motorcycle Safety Foundation handbook, in addition to tutoring and tips from our Harley-Davidson Certified Coaches. These riders have years of experience on the open road, and their knowledge is invaluable.
- You’ll be taught to safely accelerate, shift, brake, turn, and perform maneuvers like controlling skids and surmounting obstacles. These are basics that every rider has to learn in order to stay safe on the road.
- Earn a Motorcycle Safety Foundation Basic Rider Course Completion Card, which will exempt you from the riding portion of your riding exam in some states when getting your motorcycle endorsement, and will likely get you a sizeable discount on your motorcycle insurance.
Skilled rider course
What to expect
This course is designed completely with experienced riders in mind. Taking place over eight hours, it’s also taught by the Motorcycle Safety Foundation and certified Harley-Davidson coaches.
The Skilled Rider Course covers the following:
- Teaches you how to control your bike better at low speeds.
- Goes in-depth on risk management.
- You’ll learn limited-space maneuvers.
- Cornering judgement is another important skill to have. How fast is too fast to take any given corner? The Skilled Rider Course will help you make that judgement in real-time.
- In addition to cornering, you’ll learn how to swerve safely and stop quickly in straightaways and curves.
- You’ll also learn multiple curve maneuvers, in addition to more advanced training on surmounting objects.
After completion of the Skilled Rider Course, you’ll have more confidence than ever before--and confidence is key in riding.
Finishing the Skilled Rider Course may also qualify you for additional insurance discounts.
FIND A CLASS