A Brief Company History
Since 1903, Harley-Davidson Motor Company headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin has been manufacturing motorcycles that “fulfill dreams” as outlined in their mission statement: “We fulfill dreams through the experience of motorcycling by providing motorcyclist and the general public an expanding line of motorcycles and branded products and service in selected market segments.”
With more than 100 years of GREAT Harley-Davidson® motorcycles, we’re excited to have you join our exciting family. As we continue to expand our business throughout Southern Nevada and Southern Utah, we envision a successful and rewarding future. This success would not be possible without the efforts of those who have gone before us and those who choose to join our family in fulfilling dreams now and in the future.
Since the 1940s, Harley-Davidson Motor Company has had a retail presence in Southern Nevada. Our community’s first dealer was Earl West. He maintained a small facility downtown on Ogden Street for approximately ten years. Jack Willows and then Bob Knerr, who moved the dealership to First Street, followed Earl. Bob sold the dealership in the late 1960s to R.R. Wilkerson who operated the business until it closed in 1973. Harley regained its presence in Southern Nevada in the late 1970s and, after a few years of operation, the dealership was purchased by Neil and Alana Nelson in 1980. For the first 11 years under Neil’s ownership, it was located on East Fremont (Boulder Highway). Neil employed eight people. In 1991, Neil moved the dealership to 2495 E. Sahara Avenue. This 17,000 square foot facility served Neil and his customers well while Harley-Davidson once again gained in popularity.
In 1995, Las Vegas Harley-Davidson saw another change in ownership. Neil’s longtime friend, Don Andress purchased his initial interest in the dealership. A lifetime Las Vegas resident, Don made his mark as a successful contractor and developer in Southern Nevada. Experiencing his first motorcycle ride at age 1-1/2 on his father’s 1937 Harley-Davidson® Flathead, Don has been a life-long motorcycle enthusiast. In 1996, Tim Cashman, also a native of Las Vegas, joined Don, as part owner.
Tim’s family pioneered the automotive industry in Nevada with its first dealership in 1910. While carrying on his family business, Tim’s interest in motorcycling began at age four when he experienced his first ride, falling off and breaking his leg. In spite of this incident, he was an avid dirt bike rider as a youth. His motorcycle enthusiasm naturally turned to business with this great opportunity and Southern Nevada Harley-Davidson.
Southern Nevada Harley-Davidson continues to grow faster than the national average. Their dealership located at 2605 S. Eastern Avenue was the world’s largest dealership in physical size. In May 2004, our other full-service store was relocated from the Washington, Utah store now located at 2350 N. Coral Canyon Road. Alternative retail outlets (ARO’s) are located throughout the Las Vegas area including several in hotel/casinos and at McCarran International Airport.
In the fall of 2014, Las Vegas Harley-Davidson moved from the South Eastern location to the fabulous Las Vegas Strip at 5191 Las Vegas Boulevard South, across from the Welcome to Las Vegas sign. This continued commitment to elevate the Las Vegas Harley-Davidson brand is shown by our investment in this state-of-the-art facility in the heart of Las Vegas’ 40 million visitors per year.
Las Vegas Harley-Davidson located in Las Vegas, Nevada is your dealership for Harley-Davidson apparel, motor parts and accessories, service and authorized rentals. Las Vegas Harley-Davidson, services more than 200,000 visitors each year.